3D printed miniatures

I found some 3D miniatures designed by a US designer called Big Mr Tong. His designs are based on some of the most popular sci-fi franchises out there. Fortunately, I found a UK based 3D printing service - 3dkingdoms.co.uk - and took a chance by making a small order.

First up, I ordered some 28mm 'Space Orcs', where I got 5 figures for £7.49. These are obviously based on Gamorrean guards from Star Wars.

Space Orcs

Here's size comparison with other Star Wars themed miniatures I own.

Left to Right: Imperial Assault Officer, Space Orc, Diehard Miniatures not Mando, 2 x Space Orcs and a Frostgrave Jedi (Wizard).

The Space Orcs seem under sized compared to the Gamorrean guards seen in The Return of the Jedi, however, they look like the slimmed down guards seen in The Book of Bob Fett. Looking at my 'Mando' figure, I suspect that's 32mm rather than 28mm.

Next up, was a bunch of  28mm 'Shock troopers'. Again, these are based on Stormtroopers from Star Wars and I got 10 figures for £13.50.


Here's a size comparison picture.

Left to Right: Frostgrave Jedi (Wizard), Shock trooper, Imperial Assault Officer, 2 x Shock troopers and an Imperial Assault Stormtrooper.

Here the Shock troopers look to be a better fit. Compared to the Imperial Assault Stormtrooper, the 3D prints are slightly thinner and not as 'chunky'. Heightwise, they seem a good fit and would look fine on the table.

Overall, I am pleased with these 3D prints. Although, the Space orcs are smaller than expected, the Shock troopers will fit in nicely with my Imperial Assault Empire figures. Given the cost, I would recommend these figures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle