Getting into Napoleonic Skirmish wargaming

I have always been a fan of the Sharpe TV series starring Sean Bean. When I heard that one of my favourite wargames rule sets was releasing a themed set of rules for the musket era, I decided to buy enough figures to enable a skirmish game.

First up was some Wargames Atlantic British Rifles. These are multipart figures that can be constructed to look like the characters from Sharpe, and you get 8 figures on a sprue.

Next up was some Perry Miniatures French Napoleonic Infantry. With these, you get 10 multipart figures on a sprue. So, a total of 18 figures for a skirmish game.

The completed figures
I started with the British Rifles first. Putting together figures to represent Sharpe, Harper, Hagman, Harris and Cooper.

Started painting Harper, Sharpe & a Rifleman

The famous five (l to r) Harris, Cooper, Sharpe, Harper and Hagman
British Rifles
Having completed the British forces, it was time to make a start on the French. Upon starting the painting, my research revealed that the French uniform could slightly vary from man to man.

Also, I did cheat. I gave two of the figures the Grenadier hat, so that they could be a proxy officer and NCO. Additionally, the officer had a hand swap to give him a sword (from the Rifles kit).


The figures may not be strictly historically accurately painted, but they will do for skirmish needs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle