New year, new project

Here we go, my first blog of 2021. I'm sure most of you are aware that the UK (along with most of the world) is currently under another COVID-19 lockdown. As a result, gaming has been somewhat limited. What this has meant is that any hobby time has now been spent on painting.

After a tidy up, I discovered some American Civil War figures that I had bought from EM4 Miniatures. These figures are plastic (think Airfix figure style plastic) and are very cheap (20 figures for £5!). So over the course of January, I have painted up 40 figures for both sides (80 in total). Also, I bought a command pack of metal figures (2 for each side) to use as Commanders. Both sides were painted with Games Workshop Contrast paints.

Additionally, as I'll be using Fistful of Lead Big Battles as my rule set, I bought some movement trays from Warbases to use to determine whether a unit is in either Open or Close Order.

Very much a case of going for the look and feel of the ACW, rather than strict historical accuracy.

First batch of Union troops in Close Order
Union uniforms were painted in Ultramarines Blue (jackets and caps), Space Wolves Grey (trousers), Black Templar (boots and belts) and Wyldwood (rifles).

First batch of Confederate troops in Open Order
The Confederate uniforms were painted in a mixture  of Aggaros Dunes, Basilicanum Grey, Gryph-charger Grey and Nazdreg Yellow.
 
One thing to note is that I ended up block painting the flags. I gave up trying to paint the Star Stripes and the Southern Cross on a furled flag. At least the block colours allows me to keep track of each unit.

Second batch of Union troops in Close order

Second batch of Confederate troops in Close order

Both sides lined up opposite each other

Confederate troops

Union troops

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle