Teal'c of Chulak

Teal'c is a character in the military Sci-Fi TV series Stargate SG-1. Teal'c is a Jaffa warrior from the planet Chulak. As a Jaffa, Teal'c is a genetically modified human with an abdominal pouch that serves as an incubator for a larval Goa'uld.

Although I never watched it religiously, I have always had a fondness for Stargate SG-1. Recently, I found myself binge watching it while I was getting over a bout of Covid. Stargate SG-1 really lends itself to gaming purposes. Given the military nature of the show, there is combat but additionally there is exploration and problem solving. 

What really lends itself to gaming purposes is that you never know what's on the otherside of the Stargate and this really allows you to use what's in your collection.

A long time ago, I picked up the 'not' Stargate figures from Hasslefree Miniatures. Although I gamed with them, I was never truly happy with their'not Teal'c figure as it was armed two machine guns. What I really wanted was a Teal'c figure holding his famous staff weapon. 

Fast forward to 2023 and you pretty much find what you want sculpted and available to be 3D printed. Sure enough, I found a Teal'c figure holding a staff weapon on Etsy. Designed by Papsikels and printed by Starlettminiatures, I bought the figure below.

Although billed as 32mm, when put on a standard 'slotta' base, the figure towered over other normal 28mm figures. So I used a thinner base. Next job was trying to match a paint job I did over 10 years ago.


Here's my 3D Teal'c with the rest of my Hasslefree figures. The height difference and paint job not too noticeable. 

Finally, mixed in with my Hasslefree SG-1 team and some reinforcements from The Assault Group.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle