I am the law!

The Justice Department is in control of all law and justice in Mega-City One (which covers most of the east coast of North America). Effectively the government, the military and law enforcement all rolled up into one.

The Justice Department uses 'Judges', empowered to summarily arrest, convict, sentence, and execute criminals.

The most famous Judge being the aponymous Judge Dredd.

Now, I've been a Judge Dredd fan for many, many years. I played Dredd themed board games back in the 80s and invested in the Mongoose Judge Dredd miniatures games back in the 2010s and have a sizeable collection of Judge Dredd miniatures from Foundry and Mongoose.

I saw these Street Judges for sale from a 3D printer. Advertised as 28mm, I would say that they are on the small 28mm side. 

"Squad Assemble"

Here's a couple of 3D printed Judges alongside a female Judge from the old Mongoose range. Height wise, they are compatible.

Mongoose, 3D Print, 3D Print

Now compared to the old Foundry 2000AD range, you can see that both the 3D printed and Mongoose figures are somewhat smaller in stature to the Foundry figures.

Foundry, 3D Print, Mongoose, 3D Print, Foundry

As much as I like the old Mongoose figures, there was a distinct lack of consistency across the range. In the image below you can see that the two Mongoose figures at either end dwarf the 3D and Mongoose figures in the middle.

Mongoose, 3D Print, Mongoose, 3D Print, Mongoose

So I need to be a little careful with figures I mix and put on the table. Even using the 3 foot rule, I think the height difference is quite noticeable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle