Clear bases

There has been a recent trend in wargaming of using clear bases instead of the standard black slotta bases. I'm not sure who started this trend, but I first noticed it when the folks over at Pulp Alley showed them in the wargaming reports.

Since then, a number of retailers and wargamers have started to use clear bases as their preferred method of basing figures. The theory behind it is that the figure will not look out of place whatever the terrain it is placed on.

I decided to take the plunge and ordered some clear 25mm bases from an ebay retailer and decided to rebase some of my resin and plastic figures. I'm still not decided on the look, but gaming companions like the it. 

Here's some examples.

Imperial Stormtroopers from Star Wars.
Mr Data from Star Trek: The Next Generation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle