Metaluna Mutants

One of the most famous Universal monster designs in the history of Hollywood. These aliens featured in the 1955 science fiction film This Island Earth. They once occupied the planet Metaluna and were bred for menial labour.

This Island Earth was one of those 1950s/60s films that got broadcast during the school holidays and that's where I developed my love for all those films.

When I saw that the mutants had been recreated in 3D and were available on Etsy, I jumped at the chance to get some. However, This Island Earth was a black and white film, so what colour to paint them? Doing some research, I was quite surprised to discover that the mutants were a teal colour with red veins. However, there seems to be some debate on what colour the eyes and the claws are, so I went with black eyes and silver claws.

So here they are.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle