Warlords of Atlantis

Warlords of Atlantis is a 1978 British adventure science fiction film, where two deep-sea explorers and their crew must survive a master race of beings and monstrous creatures when they discover the fabled city of Atlantis.

This film was one of the Doug McClure trilogy (alongside The Land that Time Forgot and The People that Time Forgot) that used to be repeated frequently on BBC2 back in the 80s.

I have always had a fondness for this film and was very pleased to have recently seen it again on TV.

Of course, it got me thinking, does anybody do any figures for the film; especially the Atlantean troops? Sure enough, I found Antediluvian Miniatures did a range in metal (including a not Doug McClure) and Big Mr Tong had recreated them in 3D.

I ordered the Big Mr Tong sculpts from a 3D printer and I ordered the 'Warlord' commnader figure from Antediluvian.

You can see the results of my painting below.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're all going on a Tribble hunt!

Ambush at the Canyon - A Fistful of Lead game.

28mm 3d printed Star Trek style warp shuttle